LOOKBOOK

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

if i choose to be a doll, will you collect me?


Yesterday was Diwali (a festival of lights) here in India, a celebration of the return of Lord Ram and his wife, Sita. There were booming sounds resonating all night, will sparks like meteors streaming in all directions in the night sky, ash and lit remnants of rockets raining upon us, and shots like gunfire every few seconds - for a brief instant, I had some insight as to what it would be like to live in a war-zone, and though the imminent threat of death is not quite so strong in my version, it was nevertheless similar in sound and smell. I lit a few sparklers and called it day, watching safely from behind a roofed metal gate as my cousin lit rocket after rocket, which all exploded into multi-colored sparks in the sky.

1 comment:

followers

contact

contact me for any questions, comments, or to express whatever (nice) things that cross your mind - narrina.natasha (at) gmail.com